STUDENT COUNCIL COMMITTEE POLICY
A student council is a representative structure through which students in the college can be involved in the affairs of the college, working in partnership with management, staff and students for the benefit of the college and its students.
The establishment of a student council plays an important and integral role in the student community. Student council provides a representative structure through which students can debate issues of concern and undertake initiatives of benefit to the college and the wider community.
Objectives of students council:
- To enhance the communication between students, staff and management.
- To represent students in all academic, administrative, cultural and sports committees.
- To encourage students to participate in various academic and non academic activities embraced by the college.
- Organising events to enhance cultural exchange.
- Strengthening the relationship between the students as well as with the faculties and the management.
- Creating a healthy and environmentally friendly campus of all.
The students council is an apex body for the students that functions systematically under the patronage of the Vice chairman of the college.
The council committee is nominated by the academic council of the college depending on merit and academic performance, cultural and extra-curricular activities. The nominated members form the committee which functions actively for one academic year.
Office bearers of the students council are:
- Vice president
- General secretary
- Joint secretary
- Administrative committee
- Cultural committee
- Magazine committee
- Sports committee
Functioning/Governing of the committee:
The College comprehends the importance of the opportunity to be given to the students to express their views on issues of concern to them in the college. It encourages them to take an active part in promoting the aims and objectives of the college. Students have a valuable contribution to make to the betterment of the college and their involvement in the operation of the college is itself a valuable part of the education part of the college for the students.
- A student council provides an opportunity for students to engage in a structured partnership with teachers, students and management in the operation of their college. Research indicates that student councils can improve academic standards and decrease dropout in the college. Student council creates a sense of ownership of the college among the student population. Moreover the contribution made by the student council to the development college policy in a number of areas can have a number of benefits for the students and the college.
- Student council shall meet 4 times a year for student council committee meetings. The principal or one of the teachers acting on behalf of the Principal will address the all members of council and this will be an opportunity for students of council to raise a particular issue or concerns in relation to their role and role of the council. The minutes of the meeting shall be recorded and should be signed by the principal and each and every member of the student committee. Copies of the minutes of the meeting should be handed over to the secretary of the next student council at the end of the term.
- The student council members are liable to share the reports and minutes of the meeting at any time to the Vice Principal.
- The dissolution of the complete student council shall be taken to any place at any time with prior notice by the Vice Principal, otherwise a notice of one week shall be given seeking explanation to show the case/explanation for not to dissolve the council. The final decision of dissolution always rests with.
- The Vice Principal and higher authorities of the Institution. The higher authorities of the institution have the unmitigated right to dissolve the council at any given time.
Any changes and abutments in the document can be made through the members of the council followed by 2/3rd quorum
Students council 2020-21