DEPARTMENT OF PEDODONTICS & PREVENTIVE DENTISTRY
The most beautiful thing in the world is to see a child smiling and the next best thing is to know that….we’re the reason behind those beautiful smiles…!
The Department of Pedodontics& preventive dentistry focuses on pediatric/adolescent growth and development, disease causality and prevention, child psychology and behavior management, and all aspects of the highly-specialized Pediatric restorative techniques and modalities along with treatment of children with special health care needs.
The department was established in the year 2006. The aim of the department is to impart comprehensive training to undergraduate students so that they acquire necessary knowledge, skills and attitude which will enable them to effectively and efficiently deliver Pediatric dental care. Dental council of India recognized undergraduate program in 2011 and post graduate program in 2015.undergraduate clinic and post graduate clinics are equipped with 16 dental chairs each of which postgraduate clinic has 6 pedo chairs and 1 left handed chair. The department has unique child recreation area with toys, television and patient counseling room enabling the children to learn better oral hygiene practices. The department has a laboratory area with separate space for conducting undergraduate preclinical classes. Students get to learn to use state of art equipment like Intra-oral Camera, Laser unit ,Conscious sedation and various recent materials for their work.
To excel in the field of paediatric dentistry by integrating preventive,interceptive and comprehensive oral health care by traditional and innovative practices in serving the community at large.
- To instill positive attitude in children by successful social, emotional and physiologic management
- Application of advanced diagnostic procedures in clinical sciences to provide accurate treatment planning resulting in effective functioning of dentition.
- To provide accessible ,affordable and comfortable oral health care to all with focus on special children and the underprivileged
- Teaching and hands on applications of ultra modern equipment both to undergraduate and postgraduate students which will make them competent in this ever growing evidence based dentistry
- To promote and encourage enthusiasm among faculty to excel in education ,clinical competence and research.
- To be recognised as a speciality centre of paediatric dental care in Conscious sedation and General Anaesthesia.
- K.S. Dwijendra (Professor & HOD)
- V. Pranitha (Professor)
- C. Pujita Reddy (Reader)
- Dr. Vijayalakshmi (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. Jagadish (Senior Lecturer)
- Dr. Nagarjuna (Senior Lecturer)
(From left to right : Dr. Vijayalakshmi, Dr. Pujita Reddy, Dr. V. Pranitha, Dr, Dwijendra, Dr. Nagarjuna, Dr. Jagadish)
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS OF FACULTY
|Dr. K.S. Dwijendra||12|
|Dr. V. Pranitha||11|
|Dr. C. Pujita||10|
|Dr. G. Nagarjuna||4|
|Faculty name & Designation||Year of Publication|
DR.DWIJENDRA, PROFESSOR AND HOD:
MAJOR: ROLE OF TEACHERS IN CHILD ORAL HEALTH
MINOR: VARIOUS BRUSHING TECHNIQUES IN MIXED DENTITION CHILDREN
MAJOR: EVALUATION OF EROSIVE AND CARIOGENIC POTENTIAL OF WIDELY PRESCRIBED LIQUID MEDICAMENTS ON DECIDUOUS TOOTH ENAMEL BASED ON KNOWLEDGE AND PRACTICE OF PEDIATRICIANS
MINOR:ASSESSMENT OF NICKEL RELEASED FROM DENTAL MATERIALS USED IN PEDIATRIC DENTISTRY
MAJOR : AWARENESS OF TEACHERS REGARDING DENTAL TRAUMATIC INJURIES IN AND AROUND MEDAK DISTRICT
MINOR: COMPARITION BETWEEN VARIOUS INNOVATIVE METHODS OF CHILD MODELLING -CLINICAL QUESSIONAIRE STUDY
DR.VIJYALAKSHMI SENIOR LECTURER
MAJOR:INNOVATIVE TECHNIQUES USED IN CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL HEALTH CARE NEEDS
MINOR: ENDODONTIC BIOFILMS-MISSION IMPOSSIBLE
DR .JAGDISH, SENIOR LECTURER
MAJOR TOPIC:VALIDITY OF DEMINJIAM AND COMEARIERE METHODS FOR AGE ESTIMATION OF CHILDREN AGED 9TO 13 YRS IN AND AROUND MEDAK DISTRICT
MINOR TOPIC: EVALUATION OF RISK FACTORS FOR CHILDREN WITH MIH IN 8 TO 12 YEARS OLD SCHOOL GOING CHILDREN.
MAJOR- EVALUATION OF DIFFERENT OBTURATION TECHNIQUES IN PRIMARY TEETH-WITH CBCT
MINOR-BLESSING TOOTH WIYH LIFE-THE MIRACLE OF REVASCULARIZATION
- Parsa Arun awarded best poster for Tele dentistry in IDA conference
- Kavya awarded best poster at 2nd telangana IDA dental conference - Jefferson’s analysis
- Dr .Areez awarded best paper at 2 nd Telangana IDA dental conference- Root resorption
Dr.Dwijendra receiving a Momento from Health Minister