DEPARTMENT OF ORTHODONTICS & DENTOFACIAL ORTHOPEDICS
INTRODUCTION OF DEPARTMENT
- Orthodontia, also known as orthodontics and dentofacial orthopedics, is a specialty field of dentistry.
- It is the oldest branch of dentistry and was established by the efforts of pioneering orthodontists such as Edward Angle and Norman William Kingsley.
- The specialty deals primarily with the diagnosis, prevention and correction of malpositioned teeth and the jaws
To excel in the field of orthodontics with modern technologies to achieve dentofacial esthetics, structural balance and functional efficiency.
- To integrate in depth knowledge of biological and mechanical principles to diagnose, plan treatment and to deliver comprehensive orthodontic services of highest standards.
- Application of advanced diagnostic procedures in clinical sciences to provide accurate treatment planning resulting in harmonious occlusion, function and esthetics.
- Teaching and hands on applications of ultra modern equipment both to undergraduate & postgraduate students which makes them competent in this ever growing evidence based dentistry.
- To promote and encourage enthusiasm among faculty to excel in education, clinical competance and research.
- To be recognised as a speciality center with advanced innovative trends in orthodontic care for dentofacial enhancemen
RESEARCH LIST OF ONGOING PROJECTS
|1||Dr.Parthasarathy Raam Raju||Frictional resistance of orthodontic brackets with various arch wires
and ligation methods
|2||Dr.Sujan kumar kotta venkata||A Comparative Evaluation of the effects of sterilization method
s on the mechanical properties of orthodontic wires
|3||Dr.Jayaprakash Thirumala Reddy.||Photographic analysis of soft tissue profile and its significance on facial esthetics|
|4||Dr.Mohammed Umar Farooq||Comparative evaluation of shear bond strength using two different
methods of bonding stainless steel and ceramic brackets to nickel
chromium,porcelain crowns and natural teeth
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Maxillary expansion by Nickel Titanium palatal expander in cleft Palate patient. Journal of Dr.NTR University of Health Sciences, 2014: 3.
- Evaluation of shear bond strength of fiber reinforced composite Using different adhesive systems: Journal of Dr. NTR University Of Health Sciences, 2012.
- An Epidemiological study of missing teeth among the North Indian population. Journal-: Annals & Essences of Dentistry/ APR-JUN 2011/ vol-111/issue-01.
- Maxillary Expansion Appliances: Review.Journal-: Journal of Dental Sciences & Oral Rehabilitation/ OCT- DEC-2010/ vol-1/issue-1.
- Evidence based approach for the treatment of Class11 subdivision case – A case report. Journal-: Journal of Dental Sciences & Oral Rehabilitation/OCT-DEC-2010/ vol-1/issue-1.
- Glenoid Fossa response to Myofunctional treatment, in skeletally Retruded cases: Journal of Indian Orthodontic Society, 2013.
- Orthodontic- Surgical treatment of repaired cleft lip & palate with Maxillary hypoplasia : Journal of Dr.NTR University of Health sciences,
- TwinBlock functional therapy in class II division 1 malocclusion: A case report. Journal-: Heal Talk / JAN-FEB-2011/vol-111/issue-03.
- Prognosis vs Midline papilla reconstruction after closure of median diastema. Journal-: Annals & Essences of Dentistry/ Jan-2011/ vol-111/ issue-01.
- Changes in improved gummy smile after Orthodontics treatment- A Cephalometric study. Journal-: IJDSR/vol-29(3) July-2011.
Dr. Jayaprakash Thirumala Reddy
- Cephalometric evaluation of oropharyngeal airway dimension changes in pre and post adenoidectomy case contemp.dental pract.2012 December.
- Facial Asymmetry an ILLUSION ? JIOS 2012 volume 3
- MSX1 gene variant and non syndromic clefting: association or rejection.Indian journal of dental research 2014 25(1).
- Dermatoglyphics And Cheiloscopy In The Inheritance Of Cleft Lip And Palate:unraveling the mystery. JIOS 2014 48 (3)
- Load deflection rate measurement of activated open and closed coil springs- An invitro study.Baba Farid university journal Punjab; vol 3,number 3, oct 2012.
- A Comparison Of Hand Wrist Bone Analysis With Two Different Cervical Vertebral Analysis In Measuring Skeletal Maturation. JIOH 2014 6(5).
- GENEXT orthodontics – a biologic revolution.(AP state dental journal )july 2013vol 6 issue 3.
- Factors Affecting Success Of Mini Implants – a review. Journal of dentistry and research April 2013 vol 3, issue 01 Jan to April.
- cephalometric features of class ii div i malocclusion in a local population :journal of dentistry and research ,april 2014,vol 4 issue 01.
- Assessment Of Arnett Soft Tissue Cephalametric Norms In Sangareddy Population:Journal of dentistry and research oct –dec 2012 vol II issue 3.
- The Activator: Simple Yet Effective Functional Applaiance For Skeleta[l Class II Correction : A Case Report.Journal of dentistry and research Aug 2013.
- Diabetes Mellitus- A Dilemma In Orthodontics – A Review ; Journal of dentistry and Research Aug 2014 vol 4 issue 02.
- Application Of Lasers In Modern Orthodontic Practice: A Review: Journal Of Dentistry And Research aug 2013.volume 3 issue 2.
Dr. Sujan kumar
- Evaluation of Canine Retraction through Distraction of the Periodontal Ligament: a Clinical Study. JContemp Dent Pract 2012;13(6):799-805.
- Effect of thermal recycling of metal brackets on shear and tensile bond strength. J Contemp Dent Pract 2011; 12(4): 287-294.
- Evolution, application & Future of dental & Maxillofacial Imaging Modalities. Guident 2011; 74-77
- OsteoOdontoKeratoprosthesis – A Review. Deccan Dental Journal Sep-Dec2010; 11-14.
- Application of Lasers in Modern Orthodontic Practice: A Review of Literature. Journal of Dentistry & Research, vol 3, issue 2, May-Aug 2013, 25-34.
- Diabetes Mellitus, A Dilemma in Orthodontics. Journal of dentistry and research 2014; vol 4(2): 22-4.
- Affecting success of Mini Implants. Journal of Dentistry and Research; 2013; vol3(1): 24-28.
- Assessment of Arnett Soft Tissue Cephalometric Norms in sangareddy PopulationJournal of Dentistry and Research; 2012; vol 2(3):6-14.
- the activator: simple yet effective functional appliance for skeletal class ii correction.Journal of Dentistry and Research; 2013; vol3(2):51-56.
- Cephalometric features of class II Divison 1 malocclusion in a local population.Journal of Dentistry and Research; 2014; vol4(1):14-20.
- Load deflection rate measurement of activated open and closed coil springs-A invitro study. BFUDJ, vol 3, No.3, oct 2012, 86-90.
- Gamma knife radiosurgery:making lives merrier for refractory trigeminal neuralgia. JNTRUHS 5(3), 169,,2016
- Current concepts of salivary gland tumors. JOFS 7 (2).
Dr. Umar farooq
- TMJ disorders an orthodontist’s perspective. Pan African Medical Journal 2015
- Class II div1 norms in local population. MNR Journal 2014.