DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH DENTISTRY
Introduction of the department:
The Department of Public Health Dentistry was established in 2006. It is dedicated to training graduate and undergraduate students in public health dentistry to work within interdisciplinary teams investigating the risk factors for oral disease, their relation to systemic disease, and on the use of oral epidemiological methods to study health outcomes of dental services and oral health policy. Students attend dental camps and perform initial screening examinations.
To uphold the community based services to eradicate and to achieve zero treatment need in collaboration with national and international organizations through oral health programs.
- To promote epidemiological studies in rural and urban areas to understand and to formulate various preventive programs.
- To enhance the communication skills and to develop inter personal relationship which will help in providing optimal dental services to the public.
- To organize community out-reach services to provide comprehensive dental care.
- To promote & encourage enthusiasm among faculty to excel in education, clinical competence & research.
- To formulate and implement oral health policies to achieve high standards of quality dental care.
Collaborative services for oral health services
- Joseph High school, Shanthi nagar, Sangareddy
- Anthony’s High school , Shanthi nagar, Sangareddy
- Anthony’s Jr College , Sangareddy
- Madarsa Arabia Nomania
- Govt Degree college, Sadashivpet
- Educational officer, sangareddy
- JBAR PROGRAMMES
- N M GOVT DEGREE COLLEGE
Services in the department:
|Sl. No||Services offered|
|2||Atraumatic Restorative treatments|
|3||Oral Health promotion|
|5||Out Reach Programmes|
|6||Incremental Care for Adopted schools|
|7||Pit and fissure sealants|
Ongoing research Projects
Dr. Vijay Kumar. Y
ORAL HEALTH STATUS OF SCHOOL CHILDREN OF MEDAK DIST: POPULATION: AN EPIDEMILOGICAL SURVEY
Dr. Arpitha. Kotha
Evaluating The Access to Oral Health Care for Adult Population of Medak District, Telangana State
Dr Vijay Kumar
- Search engines in Dentistry:Issue15: International Journal of Public Health Dentistry 2013;4(1):38-45
- Evaluating the status of third molars and associated pathologies among post graduate students of Hyderabad city – An epidemiological study. Journal of Indian association of public health dentistry 2012;20;40
- Knowledge, attitude, practices towards personal protective measures adapted by dental practitioners in Hyderabad city (Journal of Indian Association of Public Health Dentistry:Issue15:2010)
- There association between Hypercholestrolemia, periodontitis and coronary heart disease. (Journal of dentistry and Research Vol 2: Issue 4: 2012)
Dr Arpitha. Kotha.
- Oral health related knowledge, attitude and practices among the primary health care workers of a district in India; JISPCD; November 2014, Vol. 4, Supplement 1
- Search engines in dentistry: IJPHD 2013;4(1):38-45
- Patterns of tobacco sale and tobacco consumption on villages between Vikarabad and Tandur, Andhra Pradesh – a cross sectional study. – JIAPHD 2011;17(1);89
- Evaluating the status of third molars and associated pathologies among post graduate students of Hyderabad city – An epidemiological study. JIAPHD 2012;20;40
- The association between Hypercholestrolemia, periodontitis and coronary heart disease. Journal ofdentistry and Research Vol 2: Issue 4: 2012
- Evalution of the Surface Area Covered by the Precipitate Formed on Interaction Between Sodium Hypochlorite and Chlorhexidine: An in Vitro Study: I J Pre Clin Dent Res 2014;1(4):7-11